Our lawyers at Biancheria & Maliver P.C. understand that some medical malpractice claims raise issues completely unrelated to either surgical technique or misdiagnosis of illness by a doctor. Instead, they involve basic patient care and reflect breakdowns in training, communication, equipment maintenance or staff supervision at the hospital.
If you believe that a loved one's death or disability was caused by negligent patient care in a hospital, contact the Pittsburgh medical malpractice attorneys at Biancheria & Maliver P.C. for a free evaluation of your case.
Among the more common negligence problems that our attorneys have encountered with substandard hospital care are the following:
- Improper administration of patient-controlled anesthesia
- Failure to detect or stop postoperative bleeding
- Poor monitoring of the patient's condition or vital signs
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Failure to diagnose pneumonia
- Pharmaceutical errors, prescription mistakes or overdoses
- Improper record keeping
- Communication breakdowns between doctors and nurses
- Failure to supervise residents and house staff
Our attorneys find hospital negligence cases especially tragic because many of the injuries and fatal errors could have been easily prevented. Too many patient deaths result not so much from mistakes in professional judgment, as from indifference, laziness, failure to follow instructions or the fatigue of overworked hospital employees.
Our medical malpractice lawyers know how to investigate and prove the facts of hospital negligence, as well as when surgical technique or misdiagnosis of illness occur, in order to recover the maximum compensation possible for your loss. For further information and a free consultation, contact one of the personal injury attorneys at Biancheria & Maliver P.C. in downtown Pittsburgh by calling 412-567-5433 or toll free 866-683-6559.